Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - is TJ really to blame? or is it really Smitch?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Neither is to blame in my opinion ..... I just don't think we are as deep and strong as some here think we are. Sure I don't agree with Sam all the time or how Ford decides to take over games so often, but we're truely not that strong of a team which I don't understand why people don't see this.

I'm not a being a fairweather fan, but as a team when you struggle with inconsistent interior and perimeter defense and can't rebound worth a lick, those things add up. Its just funny that people choose to see and blame who they want to blame instead of looking at the bigger picture.
Overall, the team isn't playing well. Nobody is working hard for the rebounds or rotating fast enough on team defense. Too many jump shots and not enough drives.

But it doesn't help anyone else if they don't see touches because Ford is hogging the ball or taking too many shots. And if the coach doesn't see this and do anything about it then he's also at fault.

I've said it before the team needs Ford, but in a different capacity of what he thinks he should be doing. Coach has done well but he's missing something to inspire the team consistently. We did well with Bosh and Bargnani last year we need to find that touch again.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I do think we have talent and depth, it's up to the coach to develop it, and whip!! everyone into shape and make them tough.

Every player should have to meet an individual quota to get to the foul line at least 5 times, every game.
fho is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote