Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - is TJ really to blame? or is it really Smitch?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Neither is to blame in my opinion ..... I just don't think we are as deep and strong as some here think we are. Sure I don't agree with Sam all the time or how Ford decides to take over games so often, but we're truely not that strong of a team which I don't understand why people don't see this.

I'm not a being a fairweather fan, but as a team when you struggle with inconsistent interior and perimeter defense and can't rebound worth a lick, those things add up. Its just funny that people choose to see and blame who they want to blame instead of looking at the bigger picture.
I was going to leave the forum today because of all this anti-tj crap sucking the fun out of following the team, but posts like yours doc make me think twice. I agree completely with you... the team is struggling and has weaknesses that Bosh and our hot shooting at times during the season has masked, but now with Bosh out, Calderon struggling...those weaknesses are more glaring and TJ trying to make up for them has become the popular target, along with Mitchell.

My view on the Raptors is we've taken some good steps again this year, unfortunately regressed in a couple areas but we're still a fun team to watch adn i'm happy to be a fan of the team in this new era of over 500 ball.

I still beleive witha healthy team we can get to the second round in the east and we're a few moves away from being more consistant in that regard, but the future I believe is still bright and I like a lot of the pieces we have.

The last two games have been lost because we allowed the opposing teams to shoot over 50%...no other reason period! THey are better teams and they beat us on their home court because they did what they needed to do, neutralized our strengths and made our point guards be scorers and we did not do what we needed to do...defend and give ourselves a chance. End of story.. learn and move on.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote