Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ford was great lastnight
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
fho
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Default Ford was great lastnight

Unfortunately, though, he forced the issue when he helped the team comeback and get the 96-95 lead. After that he made it a 1-man or 2-man team.

Ford is good as an offensive kick. But he shouldn't be used as PG to control the flow of the game. Ford just doesn't pass, and when he does it's more like ... "see! I pass to my teammates, too" kind of pass, and not a smart game pass. Calderon is better and smarter at that. Calderon makes the team game flow more easily.

It's always better to win as a team coz that's what it takes to go deep into the playoffs. And I'd rather lose knowing every player in the team had a chance to try and contribute, than have 1 or 2 players force the issue.

I'm beginning to think Mitchell isn't the coach to get the Raps through the playoffs. He might be good enough to get us there, but not much further.

However, the Raps have to rebound harder and drive more. Kapono needs to make his jump shots. Rasho needs to continue to make the defense honest by making his midrange shot. The bench need to step up consistently. And Moon needs to drive and cut more - he's taking far too many jump shots.

Go Raps!!
fho is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote