Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith Fully Expects Marion To Go In a Sign-&-Trade
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Smith Fully Expects Marion To Go In a Sign-&-Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
What I get a hoot out of is people talking about the Raptors needing to make “substantial” change over the summer.

Let’s see here

A new starting two-guard (BC made it clear if Parker comes back, it’s off the bench)

A new starting small forward (I fully expect Marion to go in a sign-and-trade).

A new backup point guard (if that wasn’t clear from Monday’s BC event, I don’t know what is)

A top-10 draft pick who will – unless the pick is absolutely blown – be a swingman who’s in the rotation.

A new, or different, backup swingman, other than the rookie, be it a free-agent or someone who comes in a Marion sign-and-trade.

I would think the days of Pops Mensah-Bonsu as the first big off the bench are over so there’ll be another new backup four or five.

So, let’s see how that falls out:

That’s six new players in a nine-man rotation.

That’d be, what, 66.7 per cent turnover of the guys who play a lot?

And let’s even downgrade that one, to say that AP’s one of those guys off the bench. That’s still five guys entirely new in a nine-man rotation and one playing a different role.

Okay, let’s even say by some miracle of modern financial shenanigans, Marion’s back, too. That’s half your rotation (okay, four out of nine) that’s new.

That’s not “substantial” change?
Source - Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote