Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Offseason Wish List
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
canada_rocks2369
from Canada and it rocks

Representing:
Default Offseason Wish List

1. Tough, slashing wing player - preferably a strong defender/rebounder (gotta be starter-material, Raps have enough backup wing players).

Raps may have to give up one of their PGs (hopefully TJ) to get one but that may not be a bad thing, provided they're able to pick up a capable backup for Jose (see #3). Possible candidates: Corey Maggette (tough, constantly attacking the rim, decent rebounder, not sure about his defense {haven't seen him play enough}), Andres Nocioni (strong rebounder/defender, smart player), Richard Jefferson (athletic, decent at everything - shooting, slashing, defending, rebounding), not sure who else, these are just off the top of my head. Personally I'd like to see Maggette as a Raptor; a lot of his strengths seem to be what the Raps are lacking, while the Clippers would like Ford as insurance for Livingston (and, because Livingston is as tall as a shooting guard you can play them together without worrying as much on defense), plus I don't think Maggette's happy in LA. I look forward to replies on this one because I only see the Clippers twice a year.

2. Rebounding/shot-blocking big man - preferably a decent low-post threat (probably a backup, don't need to slow Bargnani's development by burying him behind another centre).

I haven't given this one a lot of thought but a couple good rebounding backups that might be had for cheap (by NBA standards) are Reggie Evans and Jeff Foster (neither are particularly good shot-blockers though, especially Evans). Not sure who the free-agents are this year, just throwing names around.

3. Backup PG (maybe 3rd PG if Jose and TJ stay) - capable/willing distributor, decent shooter, decent defender, preferably a steady veteran (just not as old and slow as Martin).

I'm not even gonna list any possible candidates; backup PGs are a dime a dozen and theres no point in this at all if Roko Ukic comes over next year and shows that hes capable of playing at an NBA level because hes gonna need some PT.

Mostly just did this to start some conversation and maybe hear some suggestions that I missed.
canada_rocks2369 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote