Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is Tim Duncan underappreciated?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Is Tim Duncan underappreciated?

I was listening to the FAN today when driving home and well I had to stomach hearing Barb speaking about basketball and as if she really knew what she was talking about. And they brought up the discussion of the MVP and quickly snuck in a comment about how Tim Duncan has "lost" a touch if you will. And I got the impression that in their Kobe/LeBron love fest and seeing who is the better player, hell of all time, Duncan somehow got neglected.

Now, if I were to think of some of the best players to ever play the PF position, Duncan always comes to mind, but seemingly for others (and alot of "expert mags out there) he's always surpassed by either Karl Malone or in one unmentionable magazine Amare.

So it got me wondering, how appreciated is Tim Duncan by today's fan? Or has he done his job THAT efficiently that we somehow forget how big of an impact he had on his team? Should Duncan be mentioned as one of the all time greats or no? When you look at his career numbers and consider that he is one of the ONLY teams to actually beat the Lakers dynasty I find it incredibly difficult not to see him in that category. But that's me, I'm curious what others think of the man known as "the big fundamental".
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote