Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Game Thread: Boston Celtics 90 - Toronto Raptors 77 (F)
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thug
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential

Representing:
Default Ray Allen Will Not Play

After sitting out Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks, Ray Allen will not travel with the Boston Celtics to Toronto for Sunday's game against the Raptors. Allen came to the Celtics practice facilities on Saturday afternoon dressed and ready to go, but Doc Rivers wants him to take more time off.

"I just told him, I said, 'Ray, you sat one game and then we play a 1 o'clock game on Sunday. That's not enough time,'" Rivers said. "I think that's just smarter and he agreed."

Allen is battling a sore ankle that he sprained in a November game against the Charlotte Bobcats. He played through the pain and didn't tell anyone about the injury during the game. Even though Allen hit the game-winning three, Rivers wish he had known at the time.

"(Celtics Trainer) Eddie (Lacerte) said if he would have told him during the game, then they could have taped it and prevented some swelling," Rivers said. "But Ray never said a word. He didn't say it to anybody. I never saw him sprain it. And then after the game he takes the tape off, his ankle's big."

Rivers pointed out on Friday night that it is still early in the season and there are plenty of games left for Allen to play.
Thug is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote