Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Eddie Jordan Giving Kudos To Fans At The ACC
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Eddie Jordan Giving Kudos To Fans At The ACC

We may piss and moan and never be happy with our team, but ya can't question our passion and enthusiasm for Raptors ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Carter
And I know I've mentioned this before but it is games like last night's when the difference most NBA arenas and the Verizon Center is shocking. The fans here in this hockey crazed city were nuts during the second half of that game last night and didn't need piped in sound or goofy promotions to make noise. It was pure, honest to goodness enthusiasm. Or a whole lot of Molsons, whatever.

Calderon on the Toronto fans: "The fans are always with us and that's why we've won a lot of games this season because they've helped us come back."

Jordan on the Air Canada Centre, where the Wiz had lost four straight: "It's a great environment to play. This crowd gets into it man and you're really at a disadvantage if you don't have the confidence and the veteran poise to get through it."

In three years covering the Wizards, I've never heard an opposing coach or player said that about Verizon Center, which too often resembles the gym in Vegas during summer league. At the VC, the staff has to put up a Duke logo or picture of the Dallas Cowboys to get fans to make noise. Pathetic.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote