Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Marion To Get MLE Money?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Windex
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean

Representing:
Default Grange: Marion To Get MLE Money?

Quote:
I would feel worse about this if not for the fact that the last post was Rasheed's classic take on the economy. Honestly if my fingers got lopped off in an industrial accident and that was the last post I ever typed, I'd be fine with it. One kind of funny anecdote: when I was gathering some thoughts on the topic of how the economy might impact the coming free agent class,
I suggested to Shawn Marion that there was the possibility that he might have to sign for the mid-level this summer. He looked confused. I'm not sure it has ever crossed his mind. I was talking to a scout the other night who figured Marion might be lucky to get four or five million. That might be an extreme, but as nice a player as he is at times – I'm not sure I've seen a guy make better and quicker cuts; he really has a feel for open space and his ability to get there that far exceeds the Raptors collective ability to throw passes that coincide with him being open – he is ultimately a complimentary player in my eyes. A good one, but also one who takes the odd night off and can't create his own shot to save his life.
Source - globeandmail.com: From Deep - Bargnani: Not foul

Last edited by Acie; 03-31-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key