Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors: A Team With No Identity
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
Yeah, two years ago we were THE deep team, then we were THE 3 point shooting/no turnovers team, now we're just kind of ... nothing.

I agree that what's disappointed me from BC is how little overall progress we've made since he's been here. If Bosh has to go he's turned Bosh, Charlie, #1 pick, capspace into Bargnani, #7, the young player we get for Bosh (which arguably = Charlie or Charlie + difference between #1 and #7), and capspace. We're going back in a time machine to 3 years ago so we can try again. What a waste. Perform better this time BC.
however, the reality is that so far, all he had to work with (beyond the andreea pick)was 1 first rounder (#17th last summer) and 12 million in cap space in 06. And we had a shitload of bad luck, with the injuries to TJ and Garbo. TJ before the injury was a very valuable asset, but after the 2 months hiatus, his value was compromised. As for Garbo, ever since he got injured we went downhill.

The worst thing that happened to this franchise was winning before the team was complete. I would like to see a true rebuilding process, like OKC and Portland went through. Instead, we, like the Bulls one year before us, got too good too soon, and we went backwards ever since.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote