Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Terry Porter on T.J. Ford
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Terry Porter on T.J. Ford

This was an interview with Terry done by ESPN's blog True Hoop and the last couple questions that were asked were pertaining to Ford who's getting alot of attention now-a-days.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHoop
One last thing I meant to ask you, you used to coach T.J. Ford?

Correct.

Are you still in touch with him and what do you think about his progress?

I love T.J. Loved him from the first day we sat down and talked about playing that point guard position.

I just think he's a winner. A lot of people think that he's too small and he's not big enough and he doesn't have the shots or whatever. But I think when you look at someone, obviously you need to look at the whole picture and he's always been a winner at every level and for me in Milwaukee, he was great for us.

I know when we had success, a lot of it had to do with his ability to run the team for us and create opportunities for our team.

I'm a big fan of T.J. Ford, and was sad to see him get the setback this year against Atlanta, but since then, he has come back slowly and he's starting to play again. I just hope the young man is blessed to play a long career, because I think he's great for the league and he has the skill that's needed in this league.

Do you have any opinion about whether or not he should be playing?

I think so much of that is individual. I think, you know, he's had doctors from both sides talk to him, and it's up to him as a player and as a human being to decide if he wants to run the risk.

If it was me, it would be tough for a young man not to continue to play because he has such a great passion. But for him, I give him my blessing for whatever his decision is. If he decides tomorrow enough is enough, I don't know what's going to happen, I want to see if I can have a good life, I would bless him. If he turns around and gets into the playoffs, and is more committed than ever to basketball than I would bless that decision because I think he has great support in his family. They talk a lot about this issue as far as his health, and I think that he will make a decision that he feels is best for T.J. Ford, and that's the most important thing.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote