Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: Raps Looking To Draft A Big This Summer
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Smith: Raps Looking To Draft A Big This Summer

According to Doug and his sources, he believes that the Raps are going big this summer at the draft considering there's likely going to be a good chunk of them. Any good names come to mind fellas? Hibbert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith's Blog
Q: It is early to talk about the draft, but I think there are two philosophies when drafting. Either drafting for what your team needs (this philosophy got us Araujo, since the team needed a centre); or, drafting the best player available (which got Charlie V, when we had a power forward named Bosh, but who got us a great asset in a trade later).

Do you know which philosophy the Raptors are leaning towards this year in the draft? I know there is a crying need for a slashing guard/forward, but I submit it is still better just to take the best player available.
Sohail G, Kelowna

Doug: A draft philosophy question I’ll answer. A question about a specific player? Not yet.

I was talking to a high-ranking team official on the weekend and he told me this draft is full of bigs so I’d presume that’s the way they’ll go. They’ll search out a veteran wing in free agency or via trade; they expect Roko Ukic here to be the third point guard so a centre will be their top priority.

But, if some stud small forward is there unexpectedly when they draft they won’t pass him up. They doubt that, though.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote