Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Villanueva tweeted
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Windex
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean

Representing:
Bucks Villanueva tweeted

Quote:
Milwaukee Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva sent a "tweet" during halftime of Sunday's Celtics-Bucks game, an act the PR in Sports blog says could be the first instance of a professional athlete using the increasingly popular Twitter service during a game. Villanueva, whose Twitter ID is "CV31", sent this tweet from the locker room as his Bucks and Celtics were tied at 41: "In da locker room, snuck to post with my twitt. We're playing the Celtics, tie ball game at da half. Coach wants more toughness. I gotta step up." His halftime social networking apparently not a distraction, Villanueva scored 11 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter as the Bucks pulled away for the win. For those of you who haven't tried it, Twitter is an online service that allows users to send out 140-character messages to whoever chooses to follow them. Popular athletes who use Twitter include Shaquille O'Neal and Lance Armstrong. As far as I know no Celtics players are currently using Twitter.
Source:Celtics Blog - Boston.com
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote