Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The NBA:Where Too Much TJ Ford Happens
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

At least Mike James was likeable ... What TJ did was one of the most despicable things I ever saw in a Raptors game. And it's not the fact that he took al those shots - it's the way he completely IGNORED his teammates, like he was playing with a bunch of amateurs. I hate when I see this attitude with Lebron or Kobe, but to see it from a POINT GUARD? (and a backup at that).

And the excuse that Sam was trying to exploit Arroyo is weak. I didn't see any Arroyo exploitation last night, all I saw was TJ driving in the middle of the paint and shooting high-arched fade-aways. I'm pretty sure any other raptor could do the same thing. Exploitation is when you get to the rim at will, when you create open shots for teammates ...

One other thing. Ever since he came back, does anybody remember an end-of-quarter sequence where TJ actually passed the ball? He always does the same thing, waits for 4-5 seconds before the clock expires and then starts dribbling and ends up shooting a contested J. Is he trying to exploit everybody in the league?

And, finally, I remember when TJ was out, his supporters always came with these 2 arguments:

1. How TJ is such a superior defender and doesn't let people blow by.
I've watched him very carefully the past 4-5 games, and I've seen how everybody blows past him just as easily as they do past Calderon.

2. How TJ will foul out "player X" in 2 quarters etc. I've yet to see this happening either ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote