Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Draft "Underrated Players/Sleepers"
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
SG
Evan Turner - Brandon Roy style of play, a leader on the floor and a multi-faceted offensive player, fills the stat sheet
It's only March but Evan Turner said this yesterday:

From the Columbus Dispatch:
I asked Evan Turner a few weeks ago about his status as a probable first-round NBA draft pick if he leaves Ohio State after this season. He said he was excited about what the next two seasons could hold for Ohio State and that winning championships and leaving a “legacy” were important to him. But he didn’t deny he would leave.

I decided not to bug him again until the postseason. But I should have asked him yesterday, when I had the chance, whether Sunday’s game might be his last in Value City Arena. My bad. WBNS radio did, and he told the station’s reporter that he’s returning.

“I’m coming back -- without a doubt coming back,” Turner said. “I enjoy college.”

“Without a doubt” is what we in the business call a definitive answer. But given what we’ve been through the past two years here, I’ll reserve my right to harbor a doubt until Turner says he will not file for early entry to explore his draft options. And I’ll ask him the next chance I get.

Like I said still only March and he could change his mind but a lot of people close to OSU really believe he will be back next year. Good news for Buckeyes fans like me. He can do a little of everything.

Last edited by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN; 03-08-2009 at 06:10 PM.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote