Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith's list of SF's that Raptors should target next season
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Smith's list of SF's that Raptors should target next season

Interesting list Doug has compiled and I think the majority of us would agree that we seriously need to make some type of move next season if we want to compete in the East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
If Iím Bryan Colangelo, and sadly Iím not, this summer is time to make the bold move. Heís got expiring contracts worth any combination of salary from about $2 million to $20 million and he can mix and match Rasho, Garbo, AP, Joey, Maceo and Moon however he sees fit.

I know a bit about how the GM thinks and heís pouring over rosters finding an impact two or three from a team that might want to save some money long-term and heís ready to wheel and deal.

So, hereís my list of guys he can, and should, go after. Itís not in any particular order.

Andres Nocioni, Mike Dunleavy, Mike Miller, Richard Jefferson, Boris Diaw, Andrei Kirilenko, Al Harrington, Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, Michael Redd.

What heís got to do is find a team facing possible tax problems in a year or two Ė a team with a lot of young guys whoíll need to be paid at the same time Ė or a team that doesnít quite work as itís constructed.

Four situations jump out at me: Nocioni, Miller, Jefferson and Kirilenko.

Personally, of that group, I rank 'em Nocioni, Kirilenko, Jefferson Miller.

He canít sell it as a purely present day basketball but if he tosses in a draft pick or two it might make it more palatable.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote