Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange's First Impressions of O'Bryant
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
Default Grange's First Impressions of O'Bryant

According to Grange the kid isn't doing himself any favours so far.

Originally Posted by Michael Grange
5. This is probably unfair, but first impressions are first impressions. I had a moment at half time and I decided to watch Patrick O'Bryant last night and this is what I saw: He strolled out on the court early for warm-up, but did very little in the way of warming up. He kind half-assed some jumpers, like you would if you were kind of tired and goofing around on your own. I thought that was odd because given all he's got between him and some playing time is Jake Voskuhl, I'd think he'd be quick to get out there and get a light sweat on, or at least pretend he had a purpose. Not that at all. Some relaxed shooting. Then, when the layups started, some kind of goofy finger-roll. What happens next though, is the killer: he takes off for a wicked windmill; and then throws down some other pretty rare dunks.

6. And right away you get a sense for why he's still trying to find his niche in the NBA: he's obviously got some pretty significant athletic talent; and he can shoot – they may have been lazy shots, but they were going in – but he just radiates “Not only do I not work that hard, I don't have a clue how to work that hard.” This could be an incredible opportunity for O'Bryant and to that end every minute the floor – in games or not – should be devoted to showing he's ready to earn it.
Source - Globeandmail.com: From Deep - Flu-like symptoms
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote