Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange's First Impressions of O'Bryant
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Grange's First Impressions of O'Bryant

According to Grange the kid isn't doing himself any favours so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grange
5. This is probably unfair, but first impressions are first impressions. I had a moment at half time and I decided to watch Patrick O'Bryant last night and this is what I saw: He strolled out on the court early for warm-up, but did very little in the way of warming up. He kind half-assed some jumpers, like you would if you were kind of tired and goofing around on your own. I thought that was odd because given all he's got between him and some playing time is Jake Voskuhl, I'd think he'd be quick to get out there and get a light sweat on, or at least pretend he had a purpose. Not that at all. Some relaxed shooting. Then, when the layups started, some kind of goofy finger-roll. What happens next though, is the killer: he takes off for a wicked windmill; and then throws down some other pretty rare dunks.

6. And right away you get a sense for why he's still trying to find his niche in the NBA: he's obviously got some pretty significant athletic talent; and he can shoot – they may have been lazy shots, but they were going in – but he just radiates “Not only do I not work that hard, I don't have a clue how to work that hard.” This could be an incredible opportunity for O'Bryant and to that end every minute the floor – in games or not – should be devoted to showing he's ready to earn it.
Source - Globeandmail.com: From Deep - Flu-like symptoms
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote