Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Cold Hard Reality
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

I want to know where BC or anyone said that this team was built to win in 2008? From my understanding it would be around 3 years from whence BC took over, then he said he would be able to field a top tier team in the ECF and well the NBA. We exceeded expectations last season and now we're probably playing up to expectations, i.e. a team in the top half of the playoff standings fighting for home court advantage.

Look at the teams ahead of us, Boston has a 2-3 year window before age begins to catch up. Detroit is not a young team by any stretch. That leaves really Orlando as the other team to beat eventually. I'm happy where we're at right now. That's reality.

Now, come next season, I'm gonna want to see us improve and begin flirting with a 50 win season.

Oh, and Thriller is right. Our Team Defence at times struggle and it's STILL at the SF position. But at the same time, we weren't showing any hustle out there. Specifically at the SG/SF position. I'm willing to bet that within the next year or so that will be adjusted.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote