Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hollinger: JO Likely To Be Moved This Summer
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Hollinger: JO Likely To Be Moved This Summer

Quote:
Rhett (Toronto): What do you see Toronto doing this deadline? Has JO played his last game in a Raptors uniform?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (12:30 PM ET ) Again, it's hard to see what a $20 million deal that doesn't expire for another year is going to get you in this market. I think it's more likely he's moved this summer.
Quote:
Josh (Idaho): If you listen to Simmons, Chris Bosh is the new Pau Gasol. What are the odds someone else comes up with him?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (12:29 PM ET ) I think there's one big difference -- Toronto isn't being forced to cut payroll. So they can be a lot choosier than the Grizzlies were a year ago.
Quote:
Kamrul (Toronto,On): Any chance the Raptors can get Amare maybe with a peackage of Bargniani, parker and humpries?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (12:46 PM ET ) Outside, outside shot. A deal would have to include Joey Graham instead of Humphries since he's an expiring and Hump isn't, and I suspect it would have to include Toronto's first-rounder as well.
Quote:
Childress, Pargo, Delfino (Europe): Are we coming back to the NBA this season?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (12:40 PM ET ) Childress, certainly not -- he's hurt right now actually -- but he'll be back in the NBA next year from what I hear. Pargo and Delfino are more possible, but we're hearing less chatter about them these days and if nothing happens in the days immediately following the deadline it probably never will.
Quote:
Chris Bosh Toronto: Will i be in detroit by thursday?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (1:10 PM ET ) Highly unlikely. I don't think anything will happen with Bosh until summer at the earliest.
Quote:
Mike (Concord, CA): Any truth that the Warriors are in the mix for Amare, Bosh, or another big??

SportsNation John Hollinger:
(1:10 PM ET ) They're just putting on a nice show for their fans. If a team says they want expiring deals and you come back with "How about Monta Ellis?", then I don't think you're really serious.
Source - ESPN: Chat with John Hollinger - SportsNation
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote