Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Arenas Blog: To All You Jose Calderon Fans and Commenters
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Arenas Blog: To All You Jose Calderon Fans and Commenters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert Arenas
You know what, Iím sorry Canadian fans, I didnít realize you guys do not have a sense of humor. I didnít realize that you donít like to laugh up in Canada. And Calderon isnít even Canadian! I could see if I said something bad about Steve Nash, but Calderon is not a Canadian, heís a Spaniard. All the comments I got from Spain, thatís OK, I can understand why you were mad at me. But Canada?

Youíre loyal fans, but itís not like I said anything bad, I just said he wasnít an All-Star. I said he played great basketball. Heís playing great basketball while heís filling in for T.J. Ford who is the starter. So he is the backup point guard. You know? Heís doing very well for himself, heís going to get paid money this year.

At the end of the day, the Raptors might not even have him next year, so if I was a Toronto fan I wouldnít get mad or upset right now. Calderon might be somewhere else.

Heís playing great. Over the years you can see his development as a player, and heís really playing well. T.J. might lose that spot to him, but I donít know. Who knows? As a backup or as a starter right now, heís playing great basketball.

I watched Calderon last week and he had a really good game. You can take him out of being a backup. Heís a starter now, heís a starter in this league. You know what? With Jason Kidd gone and if Calderon plays how heís playing next year and theyíre winning in Toronto and heís still the starter? He might have a shot at being an All-Star, he might have a crack at it.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote