Top Nine Comments by NBC Commentators in Beijing
Top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the
Beijing Olympics that they would wish to take back:
1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria . I
saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'
2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak
from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my
mother and father.'
4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some
deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'
5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think
we can expect the same thing again.'
6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition
doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of
the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'
8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like
they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'
9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Steve is playing so well
is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them. Oh my God, what have I just said?'