Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The pieces.
Thread: The pieces.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

I think if we had a decent defensive PG we could get away with starting Parker at the 2 if we had that star player as well. I think he'd be great on a really good team just playing the Michael Finley role.

Joey is a 8th/9th man on a good team right now.

I dont think Bosh/Bargs is going to work in the longrun because theyre not tough enough on defence or the boards. Bosh needs a Dampier/Rasho, just like how a lot of the other star PFs have.

Kapono and Moon would also be good pieces off the bench for a good team. Kapono is sucking now because hes too involved and he plays too much, but you put him on a good team where he only plays 12-15 mpg and only takes 5 shots or so and have him in there on the same side of the floor as your star player to spread the court you have something.

And with Jamario when hes forced to work for his minutes he rebounds the ball like crazy. You have him on a good team where hed get benched for t aking those dumbass fadeaways hed be a great piece for any teams bench.

In the future, I'm hoping the team will look like this:

Jose, Roko
Star SG, Parker
Solid SF, Graham
Bosh, Humps
7 foot center who does all the dirty work, 7 foot center who does all the dirty work(a la Dallas)

And thats only if Roko and Graham keep developing then our bench will be solid. If they dont then I'd look to get a good veteran backup PG like Dooling and try and trade for a quality sg/sf like a Webster or CJ Miles to be the 6th man.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote