Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thorpe's ESPN Chat Wrap - Raptor Related
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
MikeToronto
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper

Representing:

Let me add my voice to Thriller's - I'd rather play LeBrons. True, our dumbass coach doesn't seem to be able to figure out the way to slow him down, but weirder things have happened before, you know. Namely, the Knicks in our first ever playoff series have executed beautifully against Carter, basically double-teaming him with their big as soon as he caught the ball at the top of the key and then doing their best to make sure he never gets it back. I'd let the rest of that team beat me rather than allowing LeBron to operate one-on-one against my perimeter defenders. On top of that, as amazing as his Allison-inspired shooting display was, I'd play him for the shot at all times rather than allowing dribble-penetration - in those cases when they do decide to allow that top-of-the-key iso.

P.S. The dude is 31% three-popint shooter this season and 32% for his career. As the season winds down and playoffs grind arrives, with the minutes he plays, even such a remarkable physical specimen is bound to get tired - and when the legs go, so does the long jumper. Let him shoot rather than drive and be physical with him when he does drive - and see what happens.

Last edited by MikeToronto; 02-27-2008 at 06:25 PM.
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote