Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why I think Bargnani will be fine....
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Nice write-up.

Easy to forget he's 22 and learing to play a position that's new to him.

My biggest complaint about Bargnani is that he's utterly lost in the skill of defensive rebounding. He doesn't know how to box out properly, he gets pushed around, and he often genuinely looks like he doesn't know where the ball is going to go when it hits the rim. He doesn't have instincts for rebounds. I hope this can somehow be fixed. Honestly, rebounding is not that difficult!!!

As for FG% pipery - yeah it is bad and it really needs to go up soon. Still, it's at the very least understandable based on how far from the basket he plays.

He has been clanking a lot of shots that are good shots but just don't go down for him this year. Much more than last season. Lately, more and more shots are going in. He just need to keep up the confidence. Bargnani IMO is nowhere near as good a player as he was last season in the final couple of months before the appendectomy. Not as agressive, much less accurate from the field, and often more passive.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote