Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hollinger Chat from ESPN - Raptor Related
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Hollinger Chat from ESPN - Raptor Related

Ahh ... the "what if's" regarding Jose not making the All-Star team will never get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Jimmy (Chicago): John, what was the bigger mistake ... leaving Manu off the West or Calderon off the East?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:40 PM ET ) I can't decide. Calderon was a bit more of a slap because they took two injury replacements and still didn't pick him -- I mean seriously, putting Ray Allen on the team ahead of Calderon was just shameful. At least the guys that beat out Manu were having All-Star caliber seasons.
Regarding the Raptors come playoff time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
]T Cell (Whitehorse, Yukon): So who are the Raptors going to beat in the playoffs? Cavs? Magic? Doubt it. They still need another *great* starter. The reason their margin is high is their bench is so much better than anyone else's bench.

SportsNation John Hollinger: (4:01 PM ET ) Check out Bosh's numbers -- he's a legit MVP candidate. They have two top-notch PGs in Calderon and Ford, and their role guys are all decent. I would have no problem whatsoever picking them over Orlando. I want to see how Cleveland looks like with the new guys, but pre-trade I'd have taken them over the Cavs too.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote