Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - No more rebounding problems?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

I have thought for some time that rebounding has been over-emphasized as a weakness. They do suck on offensive boards, but then for the longest time they have shot pretty good percentages as well, limiting the chances for offensive boards.

To me the real issue is overall hustle plays. There were a couple of instances last night where guys just watched the ball. I think it might have been on the same play that Bel mentioned - Carter grabbed a rebound, and Moon watched it the whole way without moving a step, and if he had he could have at least challenged Carter for possession. Another time Parker watched a ball go out of bounds after it had bounced off of Bosh after Harris lost control of the ball. The inability to get extra possessions by just getting after loose balls is where they are getting hurt more than anything. Bosh was diving on the floor again last night, but other than him there's just none of that.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote