Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Could Perimeter 'D' be Raptors' undoing?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
pimpery
is pounding the rock!

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Moon.

I was at the U of T Ottawa game yesterday. My close friend and former HS ball teamate Neils litle Brother Robbie Plays for U of T, so good this kid is.

Anyhow we duscussed ball, as Neil played University too and we love talking hoops.

Jamario came up and we agree 100% on him. He's a young Rodman, and Sam loves him for good reason. He is strong minded and will improve. He's deficiencies on D are obvious. But he listens when he gets yelled at, and he works awfully hard. He crashed the glass and runs the floor. Give him another year with Sam, he's blossum. Think about it, he has had no real coaching, no college, and some crap ass minors ball. Raw as hell with a huge ceiling, he reminds me so much of Rodman it hurts. If he can gain a bit of Agression, and keep learning the game of defence, he's gonna be a real asset. a Bowen type.

Right now, not so much, but his coaches see it, Meil see's it, and I do too, he's got room to grow, and he has the balls to accept criticism.
Wow, Rodman is one of my fav players ever, in terms of effort, toughness, grit and work ethic, plz dont blasphemize him by comparing Moon to him, esp as a "young" Rodman at 27, your literally comparing him to one of the best defensive players ever, a rebounding machine who could guard bigger stronger guys like Malone very very well, something Jamario doesnt seem to do well, one of the best help defenders ever who at Jamario's age was already the premier rebounder/defender in the world... Dennis also didnt give a damn about taking silly 3s and outside jumpers, he may have been a nut, but he was a team guy on the court and was unselfish to a fault, something Moon definately isnt. I do think he will be a nice player, but not close to my $ the best rebounder of all time, and his ceiling isnt as high as ppl say considering his age. He can be a good 6th or 7th man in this league, i dont think he can be much more. JMO

Last edited by pimpery; 02-25-2008 at 03:19 PM.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote