Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - T.J looks good.
Thread: T.J looks good.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alseaf View Post
Why the fuck not spend 16 mill on one position...look around man. The superstars in the league make around 14 mill a season, and the back up role to that superstar, lets say he makes 2 or more mills...that makes the team with the superstar investing 16 mill in one position. Its not that uncommon. In my eyes, when you combine both of they're contributions, it we have a 'superstar' tandem at the PG spot. On another note... you'd be thinking irrationally, if u think for a sec that if we had to move one of them, it would be Jose. TJ is too injury prone and if hes our only 'reliable' PG id Jose is traded, and he goes down for an extended period of time, our team becomes dysfunctional.
All good points alseaf, but then our hands our tied financially on not having the ability to go out and get some immediate help where we mostly need it at the SG/SF positions. I'd rather spend that 8 to 9 million on a different position such as those one instead of the same one at the point.

I love Moon and Parker, but truthfully Moon is a life time bench player and Parker's gonna be 34 or 35 years old next season and we're already noticing that he's lost a step. So, call me crazy but whatever money we do have to spend this summer it better be on any other position but the point. (That's assuming neither Jose or Ford are here next season)
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote