Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Could Perimeter 'D' be Raptors' undoing?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Unfortunately, you cannot have a strong exterior, without a very strong core. This philosophy extends to all things in life, except exoskeleton technology, and insects.

Our Interior defence simply HAS to become more agressive off the ball in taking away lanes, and stepping into them when guys get beat. It's awareness and it's effort.

I will continue to harp on this as I see our guards, man for man, as pretty decent defenders, however I can also see that they aren't trusting thier Interior at all, they are terrified of lteeting their guy by, nd giving up shots. Once thy get ass reamed enough by the coach for this, who, is also SCREAMING at his bigs to wake the fuck up, they get up on guys who go by them and find the softest underbelly in the league waiting.

This is why Guys like Wallace, Camby, Duncan, etc. are so damned coveted. they play amazing defence off the ball and help shut down lanes for thier guards. I can think of one guy right away on our team that has to wake up, thats Bargnani. Bosh is soft, but it's hard for him as he already does too much.

This team is a few guys away yet, however, put one really tough interior guy in thier that knows how to defend without the ball, and trust me, you'll see just how good Parker and moon and Jose are on defence. They may not be DPOY candidates, but they are good defenders, especially parker.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote