Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jay: Why Sam Makes Me Angry / Raps vs. Knicks Preview
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

Representing:

None taken. I care what he says to the media because unfortunately, that's the only line of access we have to him and he's the coach of the team that we follow entirely too closely. It just goes back to what I was saying about how your team and how the teams you are playing against view the organization. If I'm a player in the locker room and I hear Sam give a speech that actually has some passion, but then I hear him in the scrum and he's all "Oh well, shucks", then I might start to wonder which guy is really my coach.

In today's game, where the media can play more of an influential role that you would like to believe, being able to show passion and be media savvy is a fine line, but it is one that you have to work for the sake of your team. I can't stand Phil Jackson, but when the Lakers stink one up, he'll let you know and he might even just talk about what has to change in order for them to get better. It's all about reinforcement. Practice how you play and walk how you talk.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote