Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Worst season ever - and not just because of the obvious reason
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
pretty good comparison Dino Blogger.

12 losses in a row then followed by 12 wins or something like that right?

I don't think this team has that in them.
I bet that if you asked any fan after that 12th loss whether that team has it in them to pull as 12 win streak you would have fan very few believers ...

It's bad timing to ask this question, because:

1. the season is only half way over
2. we're riding a 7 game losing streak, ask the same question next month after we win 4 in a row - you will get a different reaction
3. last season we had a similar bad stretch at the end of the season, which was even worse because of the TJ/Jose controversy, the hugely dissapointing Barnani, the steady fall in the rankings etc.

I still have hopes for this season, but the next 10 days will be critical. Our schedule gives us a chance to win 11 of the next 15 (very unlikely, but possible). If we win 9 or 10, we're back in the game, especially if marion and jose join the team, and Bargnani and parker continue to play well. If we lose more than 6 of the next 11, the season is done and we might as well tank it.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote