Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Today in Raptorland - 2/24/08
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
Post Today in Raptorland - 2/24/08

Defensive lapses costing victories

"For the playoff stretch (drive), we've got to be healthy and we have to start being able, when a guy's going off on us, to make an adjustment on the fly," said Mitchell.

"(Friday) night, the guy started scoring and we were afraid to do what we were taught to do.

"We're going to keep working on it. It's something we worked on (yesterday)."
Smith Blog

Q: I've noticed that Andrea's shot seems very flat this year. Not sure what Hopla's impact was with Bargs but curious to know if any of the current Raptor coaches have been working with Bargs to get some more arc in his shot.
David L, Toronto

A: They work on his shooting every single day in the gym.

Ford drives home point of playing alongside Jose

Jose Calderon has been saying it for months, and now T.J. Ford has emphatically jumped on the bandwagon.

The two point guards want to stay together for as long as possible -- even though they would have a lot more to gain from a personal standpoint if they split up.

"Do I think it can continue to work? Yes I do," said Ford this week, when asked about sharing duties with Calderon. "I think we both continue to make each other better. We set high expectations for one another (and) I think we do a good job supporting one another and I think our relationship is great."
It's all in the head

The club's all-star power forward did say that the loss to New York mainly was the result of his team's lack of mental toughness. Toronto is a team that has beaten two of the best teams in the NBA (San Antonio and Boston) on their home courts, but then lost games to inadequate squads such as the Knicks and Philadelphia. Bosh said mental toughness is a byproduct of experience.

"I think that mental toughness (when we get it) will put us over the top and help us win games," Bosh said yesterday, following practice. "And that comes with time and experience. We're just now getting to where we're playing well at home again. Now we have to play well on the road. And if we just don't have it some night, we just have to find a way to win."

Eddy Curry has become big bust

Curry, who left practice before reporters were let into the gym yesterday, played just nine minutes in the Knicks' win over the Raptors on Friday. Based on Thomas' logic, Curry won't play much tonight in Toronto because he isn't quick enough to guard Andrea Bargnani, the Raptors' jump-shooting big man.

Knicks' Crawford can score, but is he a winner?

Will Jamal Crawford ever be more than a streaky, low-percentage shooter? Can the man who never has been on a winning team become a winning player?

Crawford says yes, of course. Says he's developing as a leader. Says he tries to lift his team when he feels it sagging.

Like Friday night, for example. Crawford sensed the Knicks were in a heap of trouble when they fell behind the Raptors by 14 points in the second quarter.

In their previous game, the Knicks had lost by 40 to the 76ers. Crawford didn't want to see that happen again.

New Piston Juan Dixon determined to work

Guard Juan Dixon praised the city of Toronto, Raptors management and coaches, and his former teammates when he spoke to the media for the first time as a Piston on Friday.

Then he got to the point -- he's unquestionably glad he's not there anymore.
Sunshine Girl - 2/24/08

Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote