Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - National Post: "The Matrix" Won't Save Raptors' Season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The more I think about it, the more I realize that this season is likely done and we have to be put in a postion that allows us to succeed next season and for future seasons. Things that need to be done:

a. keep all draft picks to develop depth and assets

b. if we do decide to trade J.O. for O'Neal it gives us the ability to see two things:

-if this team plays better with a talented SF and shows improvement but doesn't have depth, we then know what the problem is and what needs to be addressed in the offseason

-can Jose, with an explosive wing, play an uptempo game. I have argued and a few others here have also, that Jose unwillingness to push the ball is due to not having the wingmen or wingmen he can trust. If Jose still plays the passive game with an explosive wing then maybe it should be examined that he too is expendable

This season imo, is done right now, but it can still be exciting times for experimentation and to really see how close or far this team really is.

yes. yes it is. I've had that attitude for a while now.
For me, it's really all about Andrea right now.

What i find, is that we don't so much need to rebuild as much as we need to "re-tool". Lose the glut of bigmen and add what is needed. Keep the core as is though. A nice draft pick would DEFINATELY help the cause here.

Of course i like the Marion trade becuase it allows us to address the glaring needs one year sooner.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote