Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Marbury deal > Marion deal
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
thomas1
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Initially I thought what the hell is Grange thinking but on second thought I agree with him. Our only hope to keep Bosh beyond 2010 is to be very competitive next year (i.e. a second round play off team or better).

For that to happen we need to upgrade at multiple positions starting as well as back up. We will need starting 3 and a starting 2. Assuming we keep Parker as backup 2 I still prefer we get a backup three that has more energy and hustle than Kapono. Moon is a situational player should not even be on the rotation.

We will need cash to upgrade, If Andrea, Jose and Bosh are off limits the next best trad able asset is Parker but he won't get you much. BC has to ensure that by Nov. 1st 2009 he has a squad that has no holes in it and can compete with the likes of Orlando and Cleveland, teams that have at least a couple of scorers at different positions and have pretty much a starting quality player at each position (only caveat here is Ben Wallace).

I would take the Marbury trade get the cash at the end of the season and start over hauling the team. Why take on a bad contract for Banks when we can get Marion through offer sheet free from any baggage??
thomas1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote