Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Marbury deal > Marion deal
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
The MVP of West Hollywood
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Representing:
Default Grange: Marbury deal > Marion deal

Quote:
6. So what do I think about the idea of O'Neal for Marion and Banks? If that's all that's on the table, go for it. The sooner you can open up space under the salary cap for next summer, the better. But I would still prefer it if they made a deal for Stephon Marbury, if it was out there. My sense is that Marion is not necessarily someone the Raptors are looking at long-term, so the cost of getting him for 35 games or so is Marcus Banks, who - as I was asking around about him with Suns people yesterday - got a pretty universal thumbs down. So in order to get Marion for half a season the Raptors you've got Banks on the books for 2009-10 and 2010-11 at about $4.6-million a year. If that's what's there, so be it. But if there's a chance to do O'Neal for Marbury straight up (and waive Marbury) that's what I would do. But that's me. It's not like this team can't make the playoffs, but it's getting harder by the game. My personal bias is toward making any move that gets the Raptors as far under the cap as they can get as soon as possible. And if you're going to miss the playoffs as consequence, there's no shame in missing them by as much as possible.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Bwbbasketball/

I agree for once

a) No Banks contract/more room for nice FA

b) Full tank

Dunno if the Knicks would want it though
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote