Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: O'Neal Indifferent to Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
DSWC
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
if (a big if) Jermaine actually comes back and doesn't miss another large string of games, i think this team will acutally be able to make the playoffs and potentially do some damage.
Agreed. I've said before that I think Bosh/Bargs and JO should be used like Detroit used their 3 headed rotation in the front-court a few years ago, with Sheed, Big Ben and McDyess. I think all three of them can be interchangeable in the 4/5 rotation, with Bosh getting the bulk of his minutes at the 4, and JO and Bargs splitting the minutes at the 5, and the time where Bosh rests on the bench.

I also think there's the possibility for the Raps to do some damage. If you look at last year, the Raps almost backed into the playoffs. Using a bit of a quote from Matt Devlin, but instead of in reference to a game, I'll use the season "It's not how you start, but how you finish". The goal this year, was to stay afloat until we get to the cream-puff schedule in March April - and while the team is a bit off of the pace, I think there's a big possibility that this team can hit the playoffs on a roll. This team hasn't gelled yet, and if they do at the right time, and some injured players come back (keep in mind JO and Calderon have both missed a good chunk of time), then the Raps could finally catch their stride.
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote