Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JO to Chicago? Not a chance! NBA Insider Sam Smith Talks to Raptors Republic
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
takman_777
is tired of all the Jose hating on this forum! sigh...

Representing:

i hope you all read this in the interview, it is exactly what i have been saying about JO for the past 2 weeks...
Quote:
PHD: There are a ton of Bulls/Raptors trade rumours floating around . Most of the rumours revolve around a deal that would send Hughes and Nocioni + parts to the Raptors for JO and parts. Is this a real possibility?

SS: To me, there’s no chance the Bulls take on O’Neal.

PHD: Why not? He appears to address all of the Bulls’ needs, no?

SS: There are a couple of major issues with O’Neal. There’s the salary and though you can come within 25 percent, the Bulls would have to give up too much in addition to Hughes to avoid a luxury tax hit. I don’t see them going into the tax to take on O’Neal.

PHD: OK, but his contract comes off the books for 2010. Is there more to JO than we know here in Toronto?

SS: The larger issue to me is that O’Neal is what they call around the NBA a de-energizer. He saps the energy out of a team with his constant injury issues which makes it uncertain when he can play, and then when he is around he won’t practice so he won’t get hurt again and guys hate that and become resentful. Then he talks to the media all the time, and while it’s good for reporters, teammates wonder why this guy is talking all the time and never doing anything

PHD: But couldn’t he help the Bulls with their low post problems.

SS: O’Neal is no longer a low post player. He’s a ground based jump shooter.
he is worthless as a low post presense so stop thinking teams see him as such.
takman_777 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote