Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Things we learned yesterday that we can use today
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
a baller

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
I love how barely no one cared to criticize Parker and his piss poor effort on both ends of the floor.

Nope, just that Jose lost the game for us yesterday.
He was giving effort Doc, he just sucks. AP has to play fantastic, to be decent in this league. An average night from AP won't get it done as a starting two guard in the NBA.

AP is a outmatched offensive minded player, trying to be a shutdown defender because this team has no other options at his position.

1. He's not going to outscore any decent two guard in this league.
2. He's not going to make any good offensive two guard in this league uncomfortable on the defensive end.

So how the hell has Toronto not had one athletic two guard, with some hunger, come through town and say, I want that starting job, and I'm going to take it.

Where is the internal competition! Desire and athleticism, with a bit of an edge is all it would take.

I love AP, he competes, and he's a good guy. But that 2 spot should be up for grabs if only we had some young athletes to compete for it.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key