Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - We are all stupid [trade related]
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballWatcher View Post
I also don't see Miami's angle on JO for Marion, except if they are 100% sure Marion will walk in the offseason for nothing (doubtful, since so few teams are below the cap). They trade a productive player in Marion with a valuable expiring contract for an injury prone centre with another year on the books. Unless, of course, they have a "big plan" for 2010, like half of the rest of the NBA.
I think the "big plan" is precisely it. I don't see Dwayne Wade leaving, Miami as a location always seems to be popular, pair him up with say an Amare and say a Joe Johnson or a PG and you have a very good situation. Miami is a destination player would want to play in, much like Orlando, due to their tax structure and climate.

Also, Marion is out of place in Miami. Beasley is ready. They could sign Zo but he's just as injury prone as O'Neal and plus O'Neal has showed that he can score this season. If he's able to attract the double teams and open up the floor for Wade then it makes a lot of sense.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote