Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Game Thread: Houston Rockets 80 - Toronto Raptors 93 (F)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
I dint watch the game, there was a big difference between Tj and Calde?
It was almost night and day. I was at the game today, and watching the game I could tell TJ was just playing like shit. He had some good runs, but Calderon played better and the team flowed so much better with him out there. After the game I checked his stats, and TJ was 1-9 for 3 points, 4 dimes, 3 turnovers, 2 steals... Jose, in an equal 23 minutes went 3-6 with 7 points, a steal and 6 dimes, on ZERO turnovers.
-------------

We were down 16-2 in the first quarter with TJ for some reason back in the starting lineup.

TJ was on the floor when we made our big run in the third quarter: we started the 3rd quarter down 45-34 (Parker swished a three off a Bosh pass 19 seconds into the quarter and from that point on we ate away at their lead little by little).

When TJ was subbed out in the third, we were leading 54-52 [3:22 left in the 3rd]. By the end of the 3rd quarter, with Calderon keeping the pace smooth, we led 62-56.

Calderon subsequently played almost the ENTIRE 4th quarter (subbed out with 1:04 to play) and when he was taken out we led 91-76! So basically from when Calderon subbed in in the 3rd quarter our lead increased 13 points.

The telling stat was the +/-. TJ somehow miraculously finished with a +5 rating (his abysmal 1st quarter was offset by the third quarter), while Calderon finished with a +10.

Our team leader was Delfino, with an amazing +30 (I shit you not!). That means with Delfino on the court we outscored them by 30 freakin' points!!!

Last edited by BballWatcher; 12-09-2007 at 10:56 PM.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote