Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Raptors Doing More With Less?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I'm as excited about the last two wins as the next guy but let's not forget that it took some career nights to get them. AP is not going to hit 13 of 16 shots every night and that floater of Roko's is going to miss more than it falls.

I agree that the PG defense has been a factor in the past two games, as well as the pace that Roko in particular sets... he's a very good penetrator and is getting guys to nice spots... as opposed to passing to them only when they get open. Some of the dishes by Roko to AP yesterday reminded me of the past two seasons with TJ and it brought a huge smile to my face. It made me wish the Jose for Nash deal was more than a pipe dream. I think a couple years of being groomed under Nash would really vault Roko to a special starting pg for this team.

how often does the 'groom a young guy under an older star' pattern actually work? honestly, what current stars were groomed in their formative years under a star that showed them the ropes? especially with respect to point guards?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote