Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Raptors Doing More With Less?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dino Blogger
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger

Originally Posted by henrymakepeace View Post
Calderon is one of the most efficient PGs in the NBA and he played injured for most of this season. Yet he is at the top-3 of assist stats. He has one of the lowest AS/TO ratio in the league. Stop pissing on him. He is not responsible for everything the Raptors do wrong. Players should complement each other especially on the defensive end. That's why it is a team game. Tell me one PG that cannot be passed by when a big guy screens him.
There are lots of guards that fight much harder to stay in front of their man. Calderon's defense is brutal with a capital B. I understand Jose gets nice stats and congrats. But stats don't win basketball games. You can't say on one hand it is a team game and then use individual stats on the other to prove your point. I mean if it's a "team game" in your view then why point to stats of an individual to prove your point when it suits your debate.

I'll give you a great defensive point guard, Rajon Rondo. But ask anyone and they will tell you Calderon defensive wise is a bottom tier point guard. His injury issues this year have just made it more glaring and obvious.

Jose never took any form of abuse in his rise to where he was at. If people said anything against him they were deemed to be a T.J Ford fan and that was why. But the points made about him Ford fan or not were legit.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote