Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Reflections...
Thread: Reflections...
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Benzo says: and not alot has changed for me really...this team has made no real great steps forward...to the "elite" of the eastern conference, and hasnt really taken a huge step back either....mediocre is a good word.

-The injury bug has plagued us once again, but it has hurt everyone, it is not an excuse.
I think the team has shown something. It really has shown that last years wasn't a fluke. Yeah, they're not as hot as they were in the second half last season, but they are playing at a pretty similar manner and the results are equally similar.

And when you go from complete garbage from two seasons ago to decent, above .500 team in such a short span, you have to think that things are on the right track.

Part of me last year was thinking that it was all a fluke, and now i know that it wasn't.

Frankly, there have been a lot of major challenges to the team. TJ out was a huge one. Bosh, Bargnani banged up counts too. Bargnani playing centre for the first time was massively difficult for him.

we still suck at rebounding, although defense is getting better this year.

All in all i really think we're only going to get better. Sure we're not "contenders" so to speak, but we were never supposed to be this season. In a few seasons maybe, but not yet.

I'm pretty content.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote