Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Shaq & Walton going toe-to-toe
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrane View Post
personally I love listening to Walton. I've explained this in detail in the past. I love that everything is epic for him. I also love the Dead. Dude loves NBA history, big men, toughness, team play and all that old school shite. Plus he has a political mind and sees the world outside of the NBA, which is a rarity for a sports broadcaster. I also love that Blazers team he played on, not to mention the glory days of the Celts.

Just like with Alonzo, this is douchery by Shaq. I will still love watching him on the Suns, but it's douchery nonethe less. It just makes it easier to take because it's Shaq and he's a great character.

I agree with you 100%. I love Bill Walton's sense of humour, respect for the game, references to Dylan, The Bealtes, etc. and the fact that every time I see the "Touch of Grey" video I know that Bill Kreutzmann's jacket is from him. He's also a huge fan of Canada and vacations here all of the time.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote