Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - S Jax wouldn't mind a trade
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
spuriousjones
comfortably numb

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfpoet View Post
Maggette has a strained right hamstring and Jackson has a sprained left hand, explain to me how two injured players are going to have any short term affect on the team or be in the lineup even.
obviously they wouln't be in the lineup while injured. both will heal. (actually there's been some reports of jackson not being injured, rather nellie keeping him out.)

i'm no nostradomus, i can't say when either will be on the floor. but they're not really what i like about that deal -- they're more to help keep the team competitive now and for the next few years while the guys that i really do like in the deal develop. the short tem affect on the team would be the injection of bellineli, randolph and wright int the lineup, bringing more scoring and rebounding, whith the ancillary benefit of more development time at the 5 for andrea and kris and maybe even nate if he's ready.

the unwritten affect the two injured players would have is a kick in the ass to those playing the same positions: high paid proven vets are here now, get it together or you're never seeing the floor.
spuriousjones is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote